Orientation session for the parents of new entrants to the engineering stream was held in the campus in two batches of 100 each. Mr. Manjunath Bhandary, Chairman extended a warm welcome to the parents. He thanked the parents for having chosen Sahyadri out of all options made available to them.
While briefing the parents on the concept of Acceptance, the chairman expressed how pleased he was that the parents wholeheartedly accepted Sahyadri for their children. He stated with determination that it will now be the duty of the college to take care of its students. He explicitly avowed that for the next four years the students will be nurtured with the best of engineering skills. He added that the institution is a dead infrastructure to which only students can bring life thus making a big difference.
The chairman explained that engineering is a process of learning concepts, rather than studying. He said that it is not just about classroom learning:
• The students are exposed to various projects at the in-house companies and startups.
• They are exposed to Aptitude classes to enhance their aptitude skills.
• They are offered a platform to compete in various national and international events.
• They are also called upon to address societal issues and understand the problems of the society.
• Visits to old aged homes, orphanages and rehabilitation centres are organized for the students so as to establish Emotional Connect with the lesser fortunate sections of the society.
• Social and Emotional connect coupled with learning skills, is what the true essence of an engineer is.
While briefing the parents on the overall growth of the college, the chairman placed before them a proud picture of the placements. He said that in engineering courses, students get placement based purely on their skills even before the results are out.
The chairman went on to further explain about the facilities and infrastructure that the college has to offer for its students, stating that Sahyadri works round-the-clock for the betterment of its students. Ambience of the place also plays a key role in helping students to better focus. All these key factors ultimately result in rolling out the best engineers and giving them to the society.
Bearing uppermost in mind the parents’ expectation, the Chairman said Sahyadri shall aim at living upto their expectations and assured the parents that the college would strive to improve the students’ technical skills laying emphasis on the fact that good placement can be possible only with good skills.
And that’s not all! In-keeping with the company’s expectations for its employees, Sahyadri strives to give its students good exposure, improve aptitude, interaction skills and project based skills – stated the chairman – thus making the students industry ready.
Having assured the parents best of education to their children, the chairman called upon the parents to:
• Stimulate their children to utilize the facilities available in the campus and learn creative skills.
• To ignite in their children a spark of responsibility towards their family and the society.
• To develop a friendly relationship with their children and closely monitor every activity of theirs.
• To teach basic life skills to make their children self-dependent, reliable and employable.
• To improve their child’s communication and interaction skills.
• To groom their children in terms of personality.
• Do not always keep your children cocooned in your protective fold, let him/her free.
• Expose them to domestic affairs so that they become more responsible not only at the college/workplace but also at home.
While speaking on education loan, the chairman suggested that parents avail the facility, in order to make their child financially responsible. He gave additional details of the college e-literature available at the students’ fingertips. He re-iterated the importance of dress code that every student must follow in the campus.
In his address, Dr. R. Srinivasa Rao Kunte, Principal requested parents to be in touch with the college regularly and encouraged parents to utilize the facilities provided by the institution to improve their child’s skills.